Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blog Post 1

About Me:
Hi, my name is Melissa Harrison. I am 29 years old. I was born and raised in Mobile Alabama. I have been married to my husband George for seven years and have two children, Taylor and Garrett. I am a stay at home mother and try to be very involved with my children and their schools. I love to read although I do not have much time to do so outside of school stuff! I love shopping and enjoy buying stuff for my house. I am a Pottery Barn fanatic and want pretty much everything they have!! 
This is my second semester at USA.I am majoring in Elementary Education. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl. I decided to go back to school when my daughter was born and have taken one or two classes a semester for six years. I am so happy to be finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel with my schooling. I will graduate in the fall of 2013. I plan to start working on my masters the following semester. I have so many fun and interesting ideas that I cannot wait to share with my students! I want to make my classroom a fun and positive atmosphere! I love children and cannot wait to have a class of my own!

Dr. Pausch's video on time management:
I enjoyed Dr. Pausch’s video. He brought up several key points such as goals, priorities and planning. He also spoke briefly on experience. He said and I agree that experience comes from bad judgment and time. You cannot fake experience. Dr. Pausch says that we should make a plan for each day, week and semester. You can always change your plan but you can only have one.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa

    Its nice to know that i am not the only one who LOVES to shop for the house. I think i would rather go shopping for my house than go shop for clothes. That is crazy huh? I know it gets hard with two children and taking a full load at school, because I do it myself. You are very lucky to be able to stay at home with them, I wish i could stay home with mine!! How old are your children. Mine are two and eight. I don't know about you but Dr. Paush's video taught me some things. I am trying to get a handle on time management. I think that it is good that you have such a positive attitude about teaching, as I do. Fall 2013 will be here before we know it and we as well as our classmates can be making changes in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley
    My children are 6 and 4! My daughter is in first grade and my son is in 3K. I too learned a lot from the video. Thanks for commenting on my blog! You are my first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The long route to a degree. We are glad to have you in EDM310!

    ReplyDelete