Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blog Post 7




Networked Student By: Wendy Drexler was a interesting video. It spoke of Connectivism. Connectivism is the idea that learning occurs within a social network with ties between students. The students have a PLN (Personal learning network.) They gather information and use internet blogs and search engines to gather information and build a network of people that can help them to understand and learn. The student will in return create their own personal blog and speak on their formed opinions. 

You may ask like the video, why the networked student even needs a teacher. Well, although networked students may be doing a lot of self learning, teachers are needed to guide the students through the learning process and for communication. Not all students are ready or able to learn on there own. Teachers not only work with learning in the classroom they guide students in many other ways. I think there will always be a need for teachers in the classroom. 

I think that technology is wonderful! I feel that we as future educators should be capable to guiding our students and working to address all types of learning. After all every child learns in different ways!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I am doing my C4C, so I am here to critique your blog. I agree with you that technology is wonderful and I think that we need teachers for guidance too.
    I would not begin the second sentence with but, instead I would make a compound sentence. I hope this will help you in your future.

    Cyndi Ford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback Cyndi. I made the proper correction.

    ReplyDelete