Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post 13


Dr. Strange assigned our class to go with out any technology other than a land line phone for 24 hours. Well,  as I first read this assignment I said to my self "I can do this." I was born in 1982. I never had a cellphone until  at least a year after I graduated from high school. I can remember taking a word processing class and a typing class on a typewriter at Murphy High School. I have only owned the original Nintendo in the late 80's - early 90's. I have got this.... Well...
As I headed out the door to take my children to school, I grabbed my iPhone and headed on my way. I ran into several times through out the day that I reached for my phone. At stop lights and store parking lots especially.I found my self wanting to call my husband or a friend. I also really missed  checking my email and checking in to see what was happening  on Facebook. I rely on my phone a lot. By the time I went to school and picked my children up from school, it was a whole lot easier. I was at home and had all kinds of things to keep me busy. I had extra time to spend with my family with out as many interruptions. 
I feel that this assignment really allowed me the opportunity to see how much we rely on technology. I have never really considered myself someone who is dependent on technology. I was WRONG! There is so much technology around us constantly, I think I have taken it for granted. I must admit, I was hard to get used to but, It was kind of nice.



1 comment:

  1. I feel that I am prepared to be their teacher. I feel that you could teach without technology although, it would not be nearly as interesting or do I feel it would be an easy task since the students would more than likely tune me out. I defiantly want to use technology in my classroom. I will be using interesting lessons on the Smart board, Blogging, Skype or Google Video chat just to name a few. I will try my very best to incorporate as much of my students technology for educational purposes as I possibly can.

    ReplyDelete