Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blog Post 9






What I have learned this year was a blog post composed by Mr. Joe McClung. Mr. McClung has posted a blog post reflecting on his year of teaching. He speaks on accomplishments and thing that he has learned. This first post that I had the pleasure to view was posted after his first year as a teacher. I loved reading this as it gave me firsthand information of different things that I may endure as a first year teacher. As he reflects on his journey as a first year teacher I can picture myself in his situation. I absolutely love to hear stories from the classroom and will take note of any advice that I can. In how to read the crowd, Mr. McClung says that sometimes teachers are so worried about pleasing the superiors that the lessons were not student centered. He speaks on the importance of being flexible. To remember “NO LESSON IS EVER PERFECT. THE LESSON YOU TEACH AND THE ONE YOU PLAN ARE ALWAYS DIFFERENT. " Communication is the key. Although that may seem simple. " communication is the pathway to building that much desired rapport with fellow teachers." People have the tendency to forget to use their communication skills.
This is just a few of the subjects that Mr. McClung speaks on. I will take heed to the message that Mr. McClung is giving us and run with it.


What I learned this year was Mr. McClung's blog entry at the end of his third complete teaching year was great reading. He spoke of his third year teaching and his second year teaching in the same school. He speaks about knowing who your boss is and how important to center your self around your students and not focus your attention on impressing the other teachers in your school. Mr. McClung also speaks on not getting to comfortable. He states that with experience his job as a teacher has gotten easier. He is more comfortable and routine. He says that it is not a good idea to fall into routine. Effective teachers are constantly changing things up. I really enjoyed reading these posts. Thanks Mr. McClung, keep them coming!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Melissa!
    I'm glad you enjoyed Mr. McClung's posts as much as I did. They were full of information we as future teachers should remember! Be sure to post your opinions on his posts as well as a summary of them. I cannot wait to see what Mr. McClung writes in the future!

    Anna Darby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melissa,

    Unfortunately, your post is moderately bland. You need to variate your sentences structures. In the second paragraph alone you started five sentences with "He" + verb. That is redundant and plain. Spice up your writing! Also, you don't have a viable alt or title tag for your image.

    ReplyDelete